Am Montag, den 08.02.2010, 13:21 +0100 schrieb Paolo Santarsiero:
> Hi, in my cluster I have many tomcat enable and two tomcat in sleeping, all
> in load balancing. The "sleepers"  start only when one or more active tomcat
> go down, managing thier sessions. In order to do this I use
> worker.tomcatActive.redirect=tomcatSleeper for active tomcat and
> worker.tomcatSleeper.activation=disabled for disable tomcat. All works fine
> when a tomcat go down but doesn't work when I stop a single application from
> manger. Here browser shows me a 404 and the sleeper doesn't go in active
> mode. Which may be the problem?
This is intended by mod_jk, since tomcat is not down. Only your
application is down, not tomcat.

If I recall it correctly, you have to use a recent mod_jk version
(>=1.2.20), use the fail_on_status directive and get tomcat to spit out
a http status code you configured.

See more on
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html at
advanced worker directives.