Dear Reno,

 Thanks for the quick response .

  but i couldnt find any solution to put application level log using
"appache commons logging" - JULI combination.

 Reno , the issue is that my appication is a hibernate application [ a java
project in eclipse ]. O/R mapping is done using Hibernate Tools . While
doing the mapping it adds log object using "LogFactory.getLog(xxx.class)" in
the "apache commons logging" library to all mapped classes.
I use this application as a jar file in another web appication [a dynamic
web project in eclipse] to be deployed to tomcat 6 .
So i need to generate the application level log from both the web appication
and the hibernate application using tomcat 6 default logging implementation
.
The reason i dont want to change to custom log4j is that everytime i do the
hibernate mapping .
 i need to change in logging part from "apache commons logging" to log4j .
This is not a recommeded way
Hope i made things clear .

Please tell me what necessary configurations i need to do to make my
application level logs to be extracted to a file .

--
Regards,
Niyas