André Warnier wrote:
> Mario Splivalo wrote:
>

>> Thnx! Yes, apps need to be separate, it's just that they're the same.
>> I have separate configurations, logs, everything set up.
>>
>> But, now, I'm wondering, since I'll be having dozens of the same
>> applications, I'd like to automate deploying using war files. In that
>> case, having separate war file for each instance forces me to have
>> several same docBase directories?
>>
> Can you maybe explain why you need to have dozens of instances of the
> same webapp ?
> There might be other forms of configuring Tomcat to achieve the same
> goals in an easier way.

Well, the proprietary library we're using to receive connection to some
proprietary -based service is awfully written - we can't get an
service-identifier (let's call it that way) within the library. That is
why we have dozen applications, and in configuration of the app we setup
the service-identifier string and each app 'listens' on its own url:

http://tomcat.local/app1/servlet/receive
http://tomcat.local/app2/servlet/receive
http://tomcat.local/app3/servlet/receive

And each service know which 'instance' to 'attack'.

        Mike