> From: klin...@poczta.fm [mailto:klin...@poczta.fm]
> Subject: Webapp slow down after idle - 5.5.x
>
> The problem is that every first request after a longer idle
> (like a day) is served very slow.

Sounds like the OS might be paging out Tomcat, and taking a long time to get
all the necessary pages back in when a request is made.  I'm not familiar with
operational details of AIX, but I would suspect there are some system-level
monitoring tools available to see if there is a paging spike in this situation.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.