> From: Carl [mailto:c...@etrak-plus.com]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat dies suddenly

(I switched this comment to Carl's original thread, since that's where it
applies.)

> the core files on my systems were in several directories

I wonder if the above is a clue to what's going on.  I've always seen core
files written to the current directory of the dying process, never scattered
around arbitrarily.  Tomcat's current directory should be $CATALINA_HOME/bin;
if one of the webapps is changing the current directory, could that be
contributing to the failure by confusing other code or the JVM?  (Or is this
just another of the many red herrings?)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.