Hi Chris,

There's no doubt about it. The amount free is what's left after
everything is taken into account, heap, jvm, jni, permgen.

And trust me I'd like it to be the oom killer, but it's not.

They could survive, but then I could throw away half of my ram. Not
seeing any point in doing that (doesn't fix the problem).