Fra: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sendt: 27. februar 2010 19:21
Til: Tomcat Users List
Emne: RE: ROOT.war - how to access web.xml

> From: Søren Blidorf [mailto:so...@nolas.dk]
> Subject: ROOT.war - how to access web.xml
>
> I have deployed my ROOT.war file. Is there any way to access
> the web.xml.
>
> I save db login info in it and I would like to be able to
> deploy the same ROOT.war file on different sites and only
> change the web.xml after.

Don't put the site-specific parameters in web.xml.  Instead, nest them
inside a <Context> element in a companion file to be located in
conf/Catalina/[host]/ROOT.xml on each server.  Use the <Parameter> or
<Environment> elements as appropriate.

Look here for details:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html#Context%20Parame
ters