Appreciate it, Mark.

I'll rebuild the Tomcat collection with that jar and see if it will alleviate
this issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Shifman [mailto:mark.shif...@yale.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:08 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

Propes, Barry L wrote:
> I wonder now...should I perhaps be using this jar?   ojdbc6.jar  ?
>
> Has anyone upgraded their Oracle drivers that's using TC 6 and JDK 1.6?
>
> If anyone has used these environments together and needed to make the change,
> please apprise.

I am using ojdbc6.jar with tomcat 6 (two different versions) and it works just
fine.  I am using dbcp that comes with tomcat 6 without any problems.

There were some things that weren't implemented correctly/well in ojdbc14,
which work with ojdbc6, some calls for getting metadata from prepared
statements or result sets (can't remember the exact details).  ojdbc6 seems to
work just fine.

mas