On 08/03/2010 10:04, Cummins College wrote:
Hello,

I have tried this JMX query to modify the connector properties of
connector.
http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/?set=Catalina:type=Connector,port=8443&att=secure&val=false

When I again check the status of the connector with this query,
  http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/?qry=*:type=Connector,port=8443
the secure attribute is changes to false, but there is no change in the
sever.xml file for the same connector.

Why would there be? Dynamically changing Tomcat does not automatically cause the server.xml file to be updated?

So, should I assume that atleast for runtime the secure attribute is false
and https is disabled?

Umm, yes? It depends on how YOU configured the server.xml in the first place. You should assume that at least for runtime the attributes are what you configured them to be.

I'm wincing as I ask this, but why are you still trying to dynamically change this attribute?

The HTTPS connector also needs either a truststore or APR compatible SSL configuration setting AS WELL as setting other properties. Simply setting 'secure="true"' on a connector does NOT automatically make it an HTTPS connector.

Note: the connector is not a per-user object, it is used by all users at the same time, so changing it for one user changes it for all users.

Worse, as we've previously stated, the HTTP connector is now likely to be broken, so not only do you not have a working HTTPS connector, you now don't have a working HTTP connector.