On 08/03/2010 14:08, Chinmoy Chakraborty wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In our web app we use JSF1.1 (Sun's RI) . Now when our app is deployed in
> tomcat 6.0.24 using java version "1.6.0_18" and we start tomcat and then
> subsequently stop tomcat we are getting the following errors in catalina.log
>
> INFO: Stopping service Catalina
> Mar 8, 2010 7:02:04 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
> clearReferencesThreads
> SEVERE: A web application appears to have started a thread named [Timer-0]
> but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
> Mar 8, 2010 7:02:04 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
> clearThreadLocalMap
This is a bug in an application. If an application starts a thread, it
must stop it.

> SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type
> [com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener$1] (value
> [com.sun.faces.config.configurelistene...@16f8834]) and a value of type
> [null] (value [null]) but failed to remove it when the web application was
> stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly
> removed.
This one you can ignore. Any message of this type where the value is
null is a false positive. This has been fixed in the next release.

> This doesn't happen with TomCat 6.0.18 using Java 1.5 or using TomCat 6.0.24
> using Java1.5 . Any idea what is wrong here ?

The new memory leak detection code in Tomcat has found an issue with an
applciation that needs to be fixed.

Mark