2010/3/9 André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>:
> Hi.
>
> To the Tomcat developers :
>
> In reference to the thread : Installation differences between 6.0.24 and
> 5.5.28
>
> It seems to me that one reason for David's confusion may be the lack of a
> clear indication in the documentation, of which subdirectories of a Tomcat
> installation are relative to CATALINA_HOME as opposed to relative to
> CATALINA_BASE.

All directories of CATALINA_BASE are listed in RUNNING.txt of Tomcat
version that you are trying to run.

Current 6.0.x version of the file is here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/RUNNING.txt?view=markup

(It might be better to look into the distribution bundle for certain
particular version, though).

It might be that it is not clear elsewhere in the docs, but we need
references to know where to fix it.

David's problem is that common.loader in catalina.properties in 5.5
and 6.0 has different values. The 5.5 one references subdirectories
that do not exist in 6.0.

IIRC, this issue was asked at least three times in the last year. The
stack trace and message are always the same, so it should be easy to
find.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko