On Mar 9, 2010, at 9:35 AM, David kerber wrote:

Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Subject: Re: Secured photo rendering

But it should not, if the server sends the image with the appropriate
"no caching" and/or "expires" HTTP headers.
The headers don't matter, since the client has the image in hand. Browsers, for example, allow a right-click to save the image, regardless of the caching state.

I've seen javascript used to prevent right-clicking to save the image, but nothing can prevent them from taking a screen shot.

When I use the DVD Player from Apple, I cannot take a screenshot even if I click myself to the Finder first. So there is something already in practice that prevents from taking a screenshot :-)

Now how one would set such headers easily in Tomcat for static
documents, that I don't know.
Filters - but it won't help.
- Chuck