> From: testwreq wreq [mailto:testw...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: How do I set up and run Tomcat 5.5.23 on Cetos5.3
>
> I cannot use 6.0 because my boss believes that we should use
> the one that comes with the centos built as this is tested.

Not nearly as well as the testing done by Tomcat committers and users.

> Since I am new, I am not sure what unix daemon setup is and that
> is what this document is asking to do?

Sorry, but I don't think anyone here has the time to give you training in Linux
fundamentals (unless you want to pay for it).

> Currently, I am logged to my test machine as root. But, I want
> to run tomcat as non privileged user.

Read the FAQ:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_to_run_Tomcat_without_root_privileges.3F

I would not recommend adding httpd to the mix (unnecessary complexity and
performance impacts); use either jsvc or iptables.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.