Hi Mark,

That won't work because Tomcat creates an instance of
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource which cannot be cast to
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.

I need to keep the code generic (to run in other containers), so I can't use
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource in the code to receive the
object Tomcat creates.

Dhiren