On 16/03/2010 05:22, Mercy wrote:
JMX does not need to authenticate for access.

No, it doesn't, but that's what you're trying to configure isn't it?

My question that is how to enable authentication on Tomcat.

You asked how to configure authentication for JMX and Gurkan answered you. Read what he wrote more carefully.

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/monitoring.html

You posted the following:

 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=$JMX_SSL_ENABLED
 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=$JMX_SSL_ENABLED

You have used the same variable for both of these settings, instead of using the separately defined $JMX_AUTHENTICATE

Regards,
Mercy

Paolo Santarsiero wrote:
Is your system firewalled?

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=$JMX_SSL_ENABLED

what is the $JMX_SSL_ENABLED value?

Thanks;