> From: Pid [mailto:p...@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: Connecting to a Database
>
> If you define the datasource as a global resource, you can define the
> Realm in server.xml (before or inside the Host), but then you need a
> resource link in the context.xml to make the global resource available
> to the app.

Are you sure about that?  The <ResourceLink> is necessary when the app is
accessing the data source, but in this case, it's not the app, it's Tomcat,
doing the authentication lookups.  I don't think the <ResourceLink> is
necessary, but the rest is definitely needed.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.