simply open a bugzilla ticket and attach your patch there

Filpi

On 03/30/2010 09:02 AM, Cyrille Le Clerc wrote:
    Dear all,

    I would be very happy to enhance the docs of the RemoteIpValve (1)
and the RemoteIpFilter (2) if the project is interested.

    I was thinking about adding sample to explain
* the difference between the "internal proxies list" and the "trusted
proxies list",
* how to handle https requests with "x-forwarded-proto" header,
* what are the values of "x-forwarded-for" and "x-forwarded-by" headers

    Many samples are already available in the javadocs (3), I would be
very happy to adapt them to the docs.

    Please let me know if this proposal is interesting.

    Cyrille
--
Cyrille Le Clerc
clecl...@xebia.fr

(1) http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/valve.html#Remote IP Valve
(2) will be available in Tomcat 7 in /config/filter.html
(3)
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/valves/RemoteIpValve.html