On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> André,
>
> On 4/21/2010 3:46 PM, André Warnier wrote:
>> Mark Thomas wrote:

>>> No. You can see the methods it exposes, but not the methods it uses.
>>> Time to add some  debug code to your wrapper to see what is being called?
>>>
>> Mmmm. :-(
>> How do I do that, assuming I do not know in advance which methods it
>> calls ?
>> Do I need to define all the methods of HttpServletRequest in my wrapper,
>> just to make them trace their call ?
>> Or does there exist some more dummy-user-friendly methodology ?
>
> It's pretty inaccessible for novice Java programmers, but you could use
> the "proxy" API which is jsut about the coolest thing available in Java IMO.
>
> This is how you do the wrapping of the request:

Not to potentially muddy the waters, but I think your
InvocationHandler is invoking the method on the wrong object - it
shouldn't invoke it on the proxy but on the original request. So,
something like this:

public void doFilter(final ServletRequest request, ServletResponse
response, FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {

    InvocationHandler handler = new InvocationHandler() {
        public Object invoke(Object proxy, Method method, Object[]
args) throws Throwable {
            // log some stuff
            return method.invoke(request, args);
        }
    };

    HttpServletRequest proxyRequest =
(HttpServletRequest)Proxy.newProxyInstance(HttpServletRequest.class.getClassLoader(),
new Class[] { HttpServletRequest.class }, handler);

    chain.doFilter(proxyRequest, response);
}

--
Kris Schneider