Thanks Mark,

I use mod_proxy (ProxyPass and ProxyReverse) to connect Apache (2.2.3) to
Tomcat(5.5)/Jboss (4.2). Can mod_proxy pass client cert to Tomcat?

I use the following code to get the client cert, but certs object is null:

public void verificaCertCliente(HttpServletRequest req) throws
ServletException
  {
  String[] mensagem = null;

  X509Certificate[] certs = (X509Certificate[])
req.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");
  if (certs != null) {
        for (int i = 0; i < certs.length; i++) {
            mensagem[i] = ("Client Certificate [" + i + "] = " +
certs[i].toString());
            log.info(mensagem[i]);
        }
  } else {
  if ("https".equals(req.getScheme())) {
    log.info("This was an HTTPS request, " + "but no client certificate is
available");
  } else {
    log.info("This was not an HTTPS request, " + "so no client certificate
is available");
  }
          }
    }