Thanks Andre and Chuck.

Andre, I renamed Tomcat/abc/ to Tomcat/webapps-abc/ to keep the naming
consistent. The directory structure that you've advocated is exactly
the same as the one Chuck told me. And I have implemented that.

However, logging is still an issue. One webapp's log4j seems to stomp
over other webapp's log files. What could I be doing wrong?

Here are the log4j configuration files:
/* c:\Tomcat\webapps-abc\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties */
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, A1
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy MMM dd / HH:mm:ss}
%-5p - [%c] : %m %n
log4j.appender.A1.File=c:/Tomcat/logs/abc.log
log4j.appender.A1.MaxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.A1.MaxBackupIndex=4

/* c:\Tomcat\webapps-xyz\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties */
log4j.rootLogger=INFO, A2
log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{yyyy MMM dd / HH:mm:ss}
%-5p - [%c] : %m %n
log4j.appender.A2.File=c:/Tomcat/logs/xyz.log
log4j.appender.A2.MaxFileSize=100KB
log4j.appender.A2.MaxBackupIndex=4

According to the following link,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/217929/problem-with-commons-logging-log4j-setup-in-spring-webapp-with-tomcat-6
"If you have multiple webapps on the server, then you'll need
discipline that each webapp's log initialization does not stomp on the
initialization of other webapps. Each webapp will need to use unique
Logger IDs, which can be accomplished with unique package names."

Thank you!
Joe