Hello everyone,

Tomcat 6.0.20 on Ubuntu 9.10. I'm trying to deploy simple web
applications that either use beans or servlets. I'm now down to very
simple examples like this one:

http://www.roseindia.net/ejb/introduction/javabean.shtml

This is basically a html file, a jsp file that deals with a post and a
java bean. I'm compiling the java files and copying the resulting
.class into WEB-INF/classes, using the directory structure to match
the package names.

Invariably, when the bean is called Tomcat returns an error saying the
bean is invalid (see example below). It seems that Tomcat isn't
finding the .class files; do I need to configure something for Tomcat
to find the beans? I though that for Tomcat 5 and beyond that wasn't
needed.

Thanks for your help,

Luís