Java
> requires 32bit always. (Eclipse requires 32 bit JVM which otherwise would
> result in JVM termination error during Eclipse startup).
>
> I have downloaded latest Tomcat windows Installable.
>
> This same Tomcat installable, when installed in 32bit XP where 32bit JVM
is
> installed, gets installed properly, but not with Windows 7 64 prof.
>
> Is there an alternate solution for this. I would be happy to use the 32bit
JVM .
> Not many applications are supported by 64 bit JVM.
>

> with regards
> karthick

Karthick,

You can run Tomcat with 32 bit JVM on 64 bit Windows.  Uninstall the current
Tomcat service you have.  Set the JAVA_HOME environment in the System
Variables to the proper location and reboot.  Download Tomcat, the 32 bit
version of Windows zip file, and install the service via the batch file.

Regards,
Tommy

> > From: chuck.caldar...@unisys.com
> > To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> > Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 07:51:06 -0500
> > Subject: RE: tomcat 6 (windows 7-  64 bits) doesn't start
> >
> > > From: Christoph Kukulies [mailto:k...@kukulies.org]
> > > Subject: Re: tomcat 6 (windows 7- 64 bits) doesn't start
> > >
> > > I believe it's because I only have the jre, not the jdk and I'm
> > > downloading at the moment.
> >
> > No, Tomcat runs fine on a JRE.  The problem is that you have a 32-bit
JVM
> installed in a 64-bit OS.  (The 32-bit Windows JVM has only the client
DLL, the