> Try putting that jar into Tomcat's bin directory instead.  It must be
available to the system classloader, not Tomcat's common classloader.

This had no effect. Tomcat in startup script sets the CLASSPATH variable to
"$CATALINA_HOME"/bin/bootstrap.jar, so i tried to modify it in catalina.sh
to "$CATALINA_HOME"/bin/commons-lang-2.3.jar. Now tomcat starts, but when
launching my application I'm getting more exceptions, first:

Caused by: NoClassDefFoundError: javax/persistence/spi/PersistenceProvider

I've added geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec-1.0.jar and then I got

javax.transaction.Synchronization

so it asks me for a bunch of libs from my WEB-INF/lib directory. And finally
JVM says it is unable to load classes from my app. So i think it is not a
right way to fix my problem)  Hoping for your help!