Hello Karthik,

It is a little difficult for application server such as Tomcat to
implement such validation as every request received through your
configured connector is essentially a genuine request from Tomcats point
of view. Unless you created a complex Valve of some sort which measured
the time difference between two requests from the same host to the same
URI and requested that Tomcat consider one to be a duplicate of the
other and therefore drop it, this is sort of the wrong way to approach it.

One little trick I have employed in the past is to temporarily disable
the button/link by using a little bit of Javascript not too dissimilar
to what you have done already. Without giving too much away have you
considered dynamically changing the href value of the anchor to either
nothing or an internal anchor '#' with the onClick method.

RGS
SY