Since I'm running 5.5 the executor doesn't exactly apply, though I'm
aware there is some correlation with the thread pools in the
<Connector>s.  For 5.5, I didn't see the difference, since each
<Connector> has its own thread pool.  I'm aware of the other tradeoffs
mentioned.  Might be some slight benefit in the sharing of the standard
http connector by switching to IP Virtual Hosts, particularly in my case
where everything gets routed to HTTPS.

> I still don't see an advantage of multiple <Service> elements over
> multiple <Host>s (and <Connector>s, if needed) within one <Service>.
>
>  - Chuck

For 5.5, I don't really see much of a difference in the specific
scenario outlined (specific SSL connection/host) other than mentioned
above.  But definitely will probably switch to the useIPVHosts
implementation for our TC 6.x implementation.

It does have an operational run-time benefit, as I can directly monitor
the load of each host via the number of threads each has started, and
make adjustments if any one appears to be more heavily used that the
others, e.g. giving that host its own instance. But other than that.....
(I'm still coming up to speed with *real* monitoring tools.)

*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this
message and all its attachments.