Hi Pid,

Am Dienstag, den 01.06.2010, 10:40 +0100 schrieb Pid *:
> On 1 Jun 2010, at 09:08, Stefan Rainer <s.rai...@teamaxess.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > thank you for your reply but I do not manage to get my desired result.
> >
> > We have several axis*** servlets installed in /webapps of Tomcat 6.0*.
> > (Let's call it axis1 to axis100 for this explanation.)
> >
> > In Tomcat 5.0* we had different contexts with loggers defined in
> > server.xml,
> > thus the stdout was redirected to the files configured in this
> > loggers.
> > This configuration is not proposed and also not supported in Tomcat 6.
>
> Yes. So why are you trying to force it?
I think he wants stdout from different contexts redirected to the
standard logger of those contexts. That should be possible using
swallowOutput="true" in the context files of the webapps.

The second thing he is struggling with are the changes with respect to
logging from tomcat 5 to tomcat 6. For that I recommended reading
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html (regretfully in a
private mail, since reply-to headers were set to him instead of list).

The combination of those two should get him every bit of stdout of his
webapps in dedicated log-files.

Bye
 Felix