From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2010 4:22 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How can I get the user value in the request forwarded to my Tomcat
in my Java app?

Hi.

Now we're cooking !
But by the way, now this is also OT for this list, because your problem
now seems to be between the browser and the webserver.

First, please do the following : using Google, find the the IE plugin
named "Fiddler 2" and install it in your IE browser.
That is a plugin which will allow you to view all the exchanges between
the browser and the server (headers, errors, contents etc..).

Second, check in the IE options that it is really allowed to use
"Integrated Windows Authentication". That is somewhere in the long list
of extended options.

If you receive a login dialog when you try to access a resource under
IIS, it is because either one of these conditions :

- the IIS server requests the browser to authenticate using a specific
method (e.g. NTLM), but the browser is not set up to do this and is
trying a Basic authentication.

- the version of NTLM required by the server and the one supported by
the workstation are not compatible

- your workstation is not logged into the same domain as the server

- your workstation does not recognise the server as a "trusted" server

Basically, if Integrated Windows Authentication was working, you should
never see this login popup. It should all happen automatically behind
the scenes.