I'm trying to get the response from  servlets by sending post request with
parameters to the servlets. But despite of servlets response, I'm getting
blank output. Firebug showing blank response. But If I send the post request
without request parameter, or at the time refreshing a page, I get the
response.

I've implement CometProcessor interface in servlets, and I'm using Tomcat 6
as a webserver. May I know the reason of the problem?

This is how I'm trying to respond to the client request, I've already
enabled NIO connector in server.xml file.

public void event(CometEvent event)
        throws IOException, ServletException {

        HttpServletRequest request = event.getHttpServletRequest();
        HttpServletResponse response = event.getHttpServletResponse();
        String username = request.getParameter("username");
        String password = request.getParameter("password");
        if (event.getEventType() == CometEvent.EventType.BEGIN) {
            PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
            out.println("HELLO");
            out.flush();
       }