The true problem even after resolving connector port conflicts is that
tomat is not compatible with Java EE.  Java EE has a copy of the
servlet-api which conflicts with the servlet-api distributed with
tomcat.  If you want to use Java EE, you end up using Glassfish.  If you
want to use tomcat, you end up using the JDK.

--David