Any possibility that the Excel file was modified (e.g. FTP)? I've used POI in a Tomcat 5.5 webapp on Windows Server and didn't see any problems like this.

-Terence Bandoian

Jorge Moya wrote:
Hello guys.

For the past couple of days, I've been working as an intern in a local
company and I'd like to mention I'm kind of new with Tomcat and POI. My
first task was to update a java code they had to extract information of
excel 97-2003 files to the new POI so that I could also extract and work
with Excel 2007+ files. I got it working with a local .class test and
ant.xml build. I then proceeded to update the webservice app in our server
to function along with Tomcat and this is where the problems began that have
been bothering me for the past week. Whenever I try to extract .xlsx files I
get the following error:

org.apache.poi.openxml4j.exceptions.InvalidFormatException: Can't read
content types part !
        at
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ContentTypeManager.<init>(ContentTypeManager.java:107)
        at
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.internal.ZipContentTypeManager.<init>(ZipContentTypeManager.java:56)
        at
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.ZipPackage.getPartsImpl(ZipPackage.java:136)
        at
org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.getParts(OPCPackage.java:585)

        at org.apache.poi.openxml4j.opc.OPCPackage.open(OPCPackage.java:222)
        at
org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookFactory.create(WorkbookFactory.java:63)
        at com.msights.core.utils.ExcelFile.loadFile(ExcelFile.java:84)
        at com.msights.core.utils.GroupLoader.loadFiles(GroupLoader.java:50)
        at
com.msights.core.validation.ValidationModule.run(ValidationModule.java:154)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Now, I've established a long conversation with the POI userlist and came to
the conclusion I'm having some issues with some of the .jar files and
classes. This is notably so because I established a local Tomcat environment
and I can extract the information just fine. I'm kind of at odds on how I
could fix that issues (Tomcat in the server manipulates a couple of webapps)
and maybe you guys could offer me a solution.

Java version is 1.5.0_18-b02
Windows version is Windows Server 2003 SP2
Tomcat version: 5.5.20

Libraries:
*http://bit.ly/casaPs*
Shared only has cewcanative.jar