Jonathan Jackson wrote:
Hi.
If it may contribute to less confusion : for as long as I remember, and still in tomcat 6.0.26 e.g., the comment in front of this paragraph at the end of the logging.properties file

# For example, set the com.xyz.foo logger to only log SEVERE
# messages:
#org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.level = FINE
#org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.level = FINE
#org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.level = FINE
#org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener.level=FINE