> Time to hit the vendor around the head with the cluebat.
> If the app is happy with less heap space then increasing
> it is only going to cause problems - mainly that GC when it
> happens will take longer and trigger longer pauses. You can
> mitigate this with GC config (later VMs may make the right
> choices for you anyway) but all this is just adding unnecessary
> complexity.

I agree completely. I wish the vendor accepted feedback like this.
Unfortunately if you try to show them a better way, they tend to get
defensive and think of you as a troublemaker. :-(

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - June 17, 2010
solely for Tomcat Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent
those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.