Hi Friends,

I'm using tomcat 5.5.28 and ADS on Windows 2003 Server and connecting
through realm configuration mentioning in the server.xml.

Things are fine but the problem arise when the server use to be idle for a
couple of mins(normally 10 to 15 mins). When I saw in the log, I found that
connection is closed and throwing exception -

javax.naming.CommunicationException: connection closed [Root exception is
java.io.IOException: connection closed]; remaining name
'cn=steve,ou=people,dc=processmasterlive,dc=com'

               at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.doSearch(Unknown Source)

               at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.doSearchOnce(Unknown Source)

               at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_getAttributes(Unknown Source)

               at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(Unknown Source)

               at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown
Source)

               at
com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown
Source)

               at
javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source)

               at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm.getUserByPattern(JNDIRealm.java:1009)

               at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm.getUser(JNDIRealm.java:973)

               at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm.authenticate(JNDIRealm.java:899)

               at
org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm.authenticate(JNDIRealm.java:810)

               at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator.authenticate(BasicAuthe
nticator.java:181)

               at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:491)

               at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127
)

               at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)

               at
:108)

               at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)

               at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProcessor.process(Http11AprProcessor.java:
835)

               at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(H
ttp11AprProtocol.java:640)

               at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1286)

               at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: connection closed

               at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)

               at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapClient.search(Unknown Source)

               ... 21 more

I tried to find a lot on the web but no luck. Could anybody help me out?

Thanking you in advance.

Regards

Manish