From: Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, June 29, 2010 10:37:42 AM
Subject: Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 7.0.0 beta released

On 29/06/2010 17:27, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Any performance improvements over 6.0.X due to refactoring?

Not that you'll notice. Requests spend relatively little time in Tomcat
code compared to application code so even if Tomcat 7 was twice as fast
you'd be very unlikely to notice it. Most of the refactoring was about
cleaning up the code to make it easier to maintain rather than aimed at
performance tuning.

> Is memory leaks reported somewhere?

Web applications that leak memory are reported via JMX and the manager
app. Note that getting the list triggers a full GC (well, tries to) so
it isn't something that you want to use lightly in production.

Mark