Thank you. That is just the copy/paste mistake.
Even the file is right:
 <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />
It still does not work.  I tried iptables -F. It still does not work.
And I tried to install apache httpd on the server. It could work on port 80
and there is no problem for apache.
By the way, when I changed the port to 8888. I could see that the tomcat is
listening on 8888 but I cannot connect to it.  Only 8080 works.
Thank you for the helps.
best,
gavin