On 5 July 2010 13:49, Tapas Mishra <mightydre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:
>
>> What does it say in the installation documents for Sakai?  Does it
>> tell you where to install the files?
> That is the problem on this page
> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Install+Guide+-+Binary+Install+(2.7)
> section 3.0 It says
> "If you wish to configure a binary installation you'll need to
> manually create a /sakai folder in $CATALINA_HOME to hold your
> sakai.properties file."
>
> Now I created /sakai in $CATALINIA_HOME
>
> as the doc says in $CATALINIA_HOME/bin/startup.sh
> I execute this script and then check
> echo $CATALINA_HOME
>
> I do not get any thing as output.

Why would you expect to see anything as output?
Tomcat sets that environment variable as it runs, but it's not
exported to the shell.

What are you trying to discover?  If you're trying to work out what
CATALINA_HOME is by echoing the variable, you're ignoring the fact
that you've already worked it out by using it when you ran the
startup.sh script.

CATALINA_HOME is just the Tomcat installation directory.

> --
> Tapas

pidster.com