> From: Allen Razdow [mailto:araz...@truenum.com]
> Subject: RE: SSL problem
>
> Maybe I'll just start from scratch with the latest.

Strongly recommended.

> The sigalg seems to be SHA1withRSA.  I gather there is
> something like a cipher suite associated with JSEE...

It's JSSE, not JSEE.  Yes, the 1.5 and 1.6 JVMs come with basic cipher
capabilities.  The certificates I'm using on stock 1.5 and 1.6 JVMs use
SHA1withRSA without problem.

Hmmm...

Try running this program on your JVM to see all the JSSE stuff that's available.

import java.security.Provider;
import java.security.Security;
import java.util.Map;
import java.util.Set;

public class SecList {
    Provider[] providers = Security.getProviders();

    for (Provider p : providers) {
      System.out.print(p.getName() + ", version " + p.getVersion());
      System.out.println(": " + p.getInfo());

      Set<Provider.Service> services = p.getServices();
      for (Provider.Service s : services) {
        System.out.println("  service " + s.getType() + ": " + s.getAlgorithm()
+ " (" + s.getClassName() + ")");
      }

      Set<Map.Entry<Object, Object>> entries = p.entrySet();
      for (Map.Entry<Object, Object> e : entries) {
        System.out.println("  property " + e.toString());
      }
    }
  }
}