Hi,

A message appropriate on log4j mailing list, but wanted to get some feedback
from tomcat users list as well.

I have log4j 1.2 configured for webapps running in tomcat 5.5.28 using
FilenameAppender. The logging is configured such that log4j writes to
different files based on webapp and package name, e.g.: webapp1-axis.log,
webapp1-hibernate.log etc..

I am not sure how to implement above configuration using Syslog appender. I
was wondering if I could use facilities and/or filters for this e.g. write
to different files based on webapp name and package name. I am planning to
have a separate server for syslog/syslog-ng. Where should I configure it -
syslog, log4j, or both?? Any thoughts on how to implement this? Things to
consider etc..?

Thanks,
jM.