Rainer Frey wrote:
Hi,

in the default case (just one instance, supplied start scripts), CATALINA_BASE is set to CATALINA_HOME. But this assignment,

if [ -z "$CATALINA_BASE" ] ; then
  CATALINA_BASE="$CATALINA_HOME"
fi

is done *after* reading setenv.sh. Is this for a specific reason, or just accidently?

The reason why I ask is: I want to put some custom config files (specifically: jmxremote access and password files) in the conf directory, and setup system properties with the path to these files in setenv.sh., but I can't use $CATALINA_BASE/conf unconditinally because it is not set at that point by the default scripts.

(I don't want to use $CATALINA_HOME/conf uncontitionally either, as I'll use this setenv.sh also in a multi-instance setup).

To make clear what you mean and what you are asking, can you indicate exactly what version of Tomcat you are talking about, on which platform, and where you got it from ?
Also indicate in which script you find the assignment above, please.