----- Original Message ----- From: "michel" <compu...@videotron.ca>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:29 PM
Subject: Re: Seem to have it fixed ...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <chuck.caldar...@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 7:42 PM

From: michel [mailto:compu...@videotron.ca]
Subject: Seem to have it fixed ...

<Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false" reloadable="true">

and I added
<Context docBase="supergrow" path=""/>

Almost ok. With Tomcat 5.0 and above, putting <Context> elements in server.xml is strongly discouraged, since it requires restarting Tomcat whenever the webapp configuration is updated, and violates the servlet spec principal of webapp independence. Your particular <Context> element is so simple it's actually not needed at all. When one is needed, the proper location is in the file META-INF/context.xml inside the webapp, or in conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName.xml]. When you do so, leave out the docBase and path attributes, since those are illegal (unless the <Context> is in server.xml).

- Chuck

Chuck, I just took a look at these two options for the last few hours and I will admit to being nervous about changing what works. I will continue to read about them, but I may leave it as it is for now.

Much thanks for the help!

Michel

Got it set up and working with

... tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/supergrow.xml

Thanks!