On 16/07/2010 14:19, Luciano Fioriti wrote:
It may be caused by maxThreads parameter in http connector, try to increase

On what basis are you reaching that conclusion?

Mark

lucio

2010/7/16 Mark Thomas<ma...@apache.org>

On 16/07/2010 06:49, Matt Peterson wrote:

While load testing our clustered Tomcats, we are seeing the following
stack
trace in our catalina.out occasionally, but not regularly:

Jul 16, 2010 3:34:49 PM org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager
messageReceived

SEVERE: Manager [localhost#/urs]: Unable to receive message through TCP
channel

java.lang.IllegalStateException: removeAttribute: Session already
invalidated

<snip/>

  Under what conditions would this occur? Could it be that a session diff is
being transmitted, but the session it relates to has been invalidated by
the
time the diff is processed (via a user logout for example)? Or could it be
that a timeout has been reached???

Someone at $work has been doing a load test with tc Server (which has
identical code to Tomcat in this area) and seen the same issue. I know it
isn't due to timeout since the sessions are only a few seconds old when it
happens. My current guess is that the messages are not being processed in
the same order as they are sent. I need to dig into this more to figure out
if this is a configuration issue or a bug.

I did wonder if switching to channel send options 6 would fix it. I'll get
them to try that and see.

Mark