> From: T. Gau [mailto:t...@normad.de]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
>
> my Windows Firewall is 'Inactive'. Instead I'm using the Ashampoo
> Firewall FREE. But I could not connect to Tomcat via telnet even
> if I stop this firewall, too.

With Tomcat running, what does "netstat -anop tcp" show?  The Tomcat process
should be listening on ports 8005, 8009, and 8080, as in the following:

  TCP  0.0.0.0:8009    0.0.0.0:0  LISTENING  4720
  TCP  0.0.0.0:8080    0.0.0.0:0  LISTENING  4720
  TCP  127.0.0.1:8005  0.0.0.0:0  LISTENING  4720

(There should also be one other port Tomcat is listening on, but its value
varies.)

If all of that looks normal, then I'd try running Tomcat on another machine,
preferably one with a clean installation of Windows.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.