> Tomcat on my ubuntu 8.04 (x64) server starts too slow.

I resolved this problem. I strace'd tomcat's start and figured out it
stucks in 'connect' method to ipv6 loopback (::1). Than I tcpdump'ed
loopback and noticed many connect fails.

The problem was IPv6 policy set to drop and no any additional rules
added, even loopback pass-through (though, IPv4 configured to accept all
lo<->lo traffic).

But for some reason tomcat wants IPv6 connection and while time
(retries * timeout) passed - it hangs at start.

And I even don't know - what subsystem use such kind of interconnection
(via IPv6 loopback).