Hi,

One obvious possibility is that your SMS gateway (or your connection to
it) is down - thus all threads are being 'blocked' waiting for a
response from the gateway. This is supported by the fact that the
threads are all blcoked in the socketRead0 call.

Can I suggest, if you haven't already, to ensure you set a connect
timeout and a 'wait' timeout (i.e. only wait x ms or secs before
terminating the request and signalling a failure).

I'm not sure what the default socket connect and read/write timeouts in
Java are (they may be forever) but if they default to the OS level
timeouts then they can be as much as 15 minutes (5 minutes + 3x retry).

Hope this helps

Best Regards,

Brett Delle Grazie