> From: Scott Hamilton [mailto:scott.hamil...@plateau.com]
> Subject: Is there a better way to disable JSESSIONID in the URLs?
>
> there is no way to disable tomcat from putting the JSESSIONID in URLs
> automatically with a nice friendly global switch/property.

Tomcat won't put the jsessionid in the URL unless cookies are disabled.  If
they are, then your webapp could refuse to talk to the client.

> We have an app whose security is a concern for our customers, and
> JSESSIONIDs appearing in the URLs freak them out

And the id value in a cookie doesn't?  What stops anyone from e-mailing the
cookie to someone else?

If someone is truly concerned about security, then they *must* run *all*
traffic through SSL.  If the customers don't do that, they're not really
concerned, despite whatever words they're using.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.