Hi,

I've encountered a UTF-8 problem and yes, URIEncoding="UTF-8" is set.

I'm connecting to a web service which returns UTF-8 encoded data. If I do so from a plain, regular, self-contained Java application everything is fine. However, if I run the same classes in tomcat (and trigger the action with a http request instead of a main() method in the application) I get latin-1 encoded characters. For instance when I make a call and receive a response which contains "Łódź" I finally get "?ód?" (console, file, whatever output).

Actually the URIEncoding option should not have anything to do with this, because I'm not sending a request to my application, but my application is issuing a SOAP call to a web service. Are there any other options to consider? Same response from the web service (checked with Wireshark) but different outputs. I've no idea. Any hint is welcome.

Thanks
Tim