Hello,

even if you decided to remove httpd and go directly with virtual hosts in
tomcat, there are two things in your httpd config, which could be advanced
(see inline below).

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:13:28 +0200, arnaud icard
<arnaud.ic...@univ-avignon.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I guess my subject isn't clear at all so here is my problem :
>
>  I have 1 server with Apache2/Tomcat6 installed.
>  The purpose of this server is to host multiple webapps (this one for
> instance : http://www.jasig.org/cas [1])
>  For each of these webapps, we will contact the server with different
> urls :
>
>       * cas.domain.fr for the CAS webapp
>
>       * ent.domain.fr for the ENT webapp
>       * appli1.domain.fr for the appli1 webapp
>
>  How can I do such a thing ?
>
>  Until now, I have created a virtual host in Apache with this
> configuration :
>
>  JkMount /* default
I think you want /|* which matches / as well as /ANYTHING_ELSE. So tomcat
gets a chance to display its own default page.

>  ServerName appli1.domain.fr
>  ServerAdmin webmas...@domain.fr [2]
>
>  DocumentRoot /opt/tomcat/webapps/appli1
If that directory is the normal webapp directory, you are risking to
expose WEB-INF and META-INF to the outside world. That could be a serious
security issue. Your JkMount directive above should make this risk a
non-issue for the moment, but you may change that in future and forget
about the implications.

Bye
 Felix