On 26.08.2010 21:00, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
Le jeudi 26 août 2010 à 09:25 +0200, Rainer Jung a écrit :

On 26.08.2010 03:28, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
Hello,

I'm quite new to tomcat and have an old webapps running on tomcat 4.1
and jvm 1.4.2 with apach2.2 in front ofthem (using modjk).
I'm trying to get ready for a comming pick load I will have to face.
I Try to do some benchmark using ab and the jkstatus worker.
Whatever the configuration of my connecter (both on the apache or tomcat
side) I never go upper than 20 requests / second.
Here are few  parameters I changed in order to get better performances:

-Apache2 (worker):
increased ServerLimit (64), ThreadLimit (256), MaxClients (2048),
ThreadsPerChild (128)
set to a non zero value MaxRequestsPerChild (500)

- modjk (1.2.30):
set to non-zero value worker.selfcare.connection_pool_timeout=60

-Tomcat AJP13 Connector:
acceptCount="50" enableLookups="false" maxProcessors="500"
bufferSize="4096" socketBuffer="20000"

Unfortunately this doesn't help and am still stuck with 20req/s when the
machines' load is not that high and 60% of CPU at most is used during
stress test.
I've googled around but can't find anything else about increasing
performances of apache/tomcat... Help much appreciated

Regards

P.S: right now am using ab to send 2000 request with 50 concurrents.

Take thread dumps of the Tomcat JVM and check what your applicaion is
actually doing (like waiting for locks or externals components).

This sounds an excellent idea indeed, and it's surely what I would have
done if I new it was possible and how I could do it :)
What's the way to do it?

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

Regards,

Rainer