HI I'm trying to build tomcat 5.5 trunk (to look further at Marks
comment. http://marc.info/?l=tomcat-user&m=128350009319985&w=2 ).

Trying to run ant download on build.xml gives me an error.  Does the
build.xml depend on me having subversion installed on my machine? The
error I get when trying to run ant with no arguments is:

C:\icarus\workspace\tc5.5\build\resources\build.xml:120: The following
error occurred while executing this line:
C:\icarus\workspace\tc5.5\build\resources\build.xml:101: Execute
failed: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "svn": CreateProcess
error=2, The system cannot find the file specified

However building.txt implies its only needed to checkout source which
I've already done.

The error for ant download is

C:\icarus\workspace\tc5.5\build\build.xml:2058: The following error
occurred while executing this line:
C:\icarus\workspace\tc5.5\build\build.xml:2148: Problem expanding gzip
Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream

Regards,

Wes