Hi Christopher

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Wesley,
>
>> Our Production environment is Solaris 10. Technically not linux but
>> close enough.
>
> Really? I haven't used Solaris in a long time, but back then it was
> definitely nothing like Linux except that "ls" gave you a directory
> listing in a terminal :)

Okay its Unix. Which linux is (what a derivative) closely related to.
I use vi on linux, vi on solaris. The filesystem is similar. Most unix
commands are implement in linux. Bash is my shell of choice as in
linux.

Why we run Solaris. Thats the question really, because our parent
company has a bunch of Solaris administrators. I would have preferred
linux personally. Honeslty on a shell most commands are the same or
very similar.